It is currently September 19th, 2017, 12:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 6 of 7 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nanocom
PostPosted: November 30th, 2016, 1:39 pm 
Metropolis

d2028 wrote:
"FYI I had a similar code turned out to be connections damaged by a coke bottle rolling against the connector under the seat"

Kev

bang on the money, large bottle of water under the seat and the connector (still connected) had detached from the little slide mount that holds it to the bottom of the seat, code gone, result. thanks for that dange :clap:
I am trying to download the viewer and sd card app to try the live data out but my pc runs on windows 10 (windows smartscreen)and has Norton security . both of which block the downloads as soon as I do them [censored.gif] .

You are very welcome. glad I could help

one thing I have thought about is that the nanocom is only half the battle, having the knowledge to interpret the data is another ballgame altogether. :red:[/quote]

I have the very same problem :red: , especially deciphering the codes. :crazy1: :crazy1: :lol1: :lol1:

fixed/replaced :-rear wiper motor, nicked headlights, batteryx2, water feature cured, , Auto box, sidesteps, SV mod b, air/con & PAS compressors, FPR, air bleed valve, Condenser fan, PAS pipes, Injector seals,washers,harness Rear window, door lock, all coolant hoses, RF receiver, o/s, n/s steering ball joints, front discs&pads

PostPosted: November 30th, 2016, 2:15 pm 
ES spec

i don't mind deciphering codes so much as when I eventually end up with a graph showing live data , trying to read the graph to spot where things are not perfect, i.e like an early warning system of impending disaster(you know that little voice in the back of your head that constantly reminds you not to become complacent as something will eventually break or go wrong, and I am not referring to s.w.m.b.o.)

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 7:35 pm 
ES spec

And a very Merry Christmas to you all too.

A Russian once wrote us a note of complaint after purchasing some equipment that when he clicked on the clear faults button, that it did not actually fix the fault !!!

Thankfully most of our customers are little more savvy and appreciate that diagnostic equipment simply provides a little window, through which they can now see and access information as an ECU sees it that they previously did not have access to and that should always be regarded as assistant information to a human beings intellect and deductive abilities.

I for one am quite glad that there is no substitute for a Human brain and still find it within me to smile when SWMBO says "we should have turned there"

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 11:17 am 
ES spec

merry Christmas and happy new year colin, I can say that I have had mine a few weeks now and am more than pleased and impressed with the unit and the support from Adrian on the nanocom forum.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 9:29 pm 
ES spec

Many thanks for your kind comments d2028 and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Here at BBS, we run things much more like a family, that are all dedicated to helping out Land Rover owners in the best way possible.

Even when they are on their own time, during holidays, such as this last weeks Christmas closure from the 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan, they still find the time to assist anyone and sort any problems out.

IE
Quote:
On 29 Dec 2016, at 20:13, Blackbox Solutions Support Staff - Adrian <support@blackbox-solutions.com> wrote:

Hello Mark,

The problem can be that you're not having the ignition on stage 2 while using the sync-mate, or the voltage is so low in the battery that the ECUs are not powering up. Have a power supply (booster) connected to the battery, have the ignition on stage 2 and try the sync mate. Should it lit the red flash, then 1 flash means that there was no communication with the ECUs

The reply the very next day was:
Quote:
Thank you so much for emailing so quickly Adrian, well I had had the battery off the car and charged it prior to attempting the first try to reset.

That said I put my jump pack on as well and went through the plugging in of the sync mate and powering the ignition.

It flashed blue as before and then went to green!!!!

This time it started hooray!!!!

I can’t tell you the relief that it worked.

Thanks so much for your help.

Your products are without a doubt superb and I will be adding to my collection as I am planing on buying a range rover l322.

I typically read these kind of appreciative comments several times a week, as well as others about every aspect of what we do. And although Adrian is our sole main support contact person, It is more the team of so many behind him of which I am especially proud of that makes it all work as it should and does.

For us, entering into 2017, represents another year of opportunity for us to help even more Land Rover owners out

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 1:40 am 
Metropolis

bbs guy wrote:

I typically read these kind of appreciative comments several times a week, as well as others about every aspect of what we do. And although Adrian is our sole main support contact person, It is more the team of so many behind him of which I am especially proud of that makes it all work as it should and does.

For us, entering into 2017, represents another year of opportunity for us to help even more Land Rover owners out

And it is this family that I give my sincere thanks and wish you all and your family a great 2017
Cheers Colin

Kev

fixed/replaced :-rear wiper motor, nicked headlights, batteryx2, water feature cured, , Auto box, sidesteps, SV mod b, air/con & PAS compressors, FPR, air bleed valve, Condenser fan, PAS pipes, Injector seals,washers,harness Rear window, door lock, all coolant hoses, RF receiver, o/s, n/s steering ball joints, front discs&pads

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 6:42 pm 
ES spec

Thanks Dange:

Being such a close knit group and family oriented community, I would like to say that we would never make one of our techie programmer guys wear 4 inch stilletos and do a Limbo Dance in them, but then I would actually be lying, and I do have pictures :wtf:

ATB and Happy New Year to all, Colin and all the BBS family :wave1:

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 6:48 pm 
Metropolis

Hi Colin,

Thanks to your Admin Angels who processed my order today, and sorted my Paypal problems as well.

It's now on it's way and I am looking forward to playing with all the fleet now...

Thanks again for a great service.

DD

D1 TDi300 1994
Defender 90 2.5TD 1989 (now 300TDi) SWMBO's son and hairy
F1 3-Door 1.8 2001
F2 i6 3.2 HSE 2007 SWMBO's Workhorse
D3 2006 TDV6
F1 50th Anniversary
D2 V8 Metropolis 2004 Family Bus

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 4:51 pm 
E spec

Another big thank you to Colin and all the team at BBS. I ordered just before the expiry of the group offer, during the holiday period, and yet my new toy arrived today. Excellent service and communication all the way through.
Now I've just got to read/watch the how to guides and find out how much the deal has really cost me, I already know there are a couple of faults on the D2 and I'm sure the Nanocom will find more for me to fix! :lol1:

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 6:06 pm 
ES spec

fantastic piece of kit , plenty of reading on here and if you are like me research research and more research before plugging in, you might also need to update the software before starting, the nanocom forum is the best place to start, good luck

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 8:36 pm 
iPosh is Watching YOU !
iPosh is Watching YOU !

Well I used to think they were great, and have encouraged others to purchase, but now it seems I am seeing a different side to BBS. Having spent an additional 100 for codes for my defender, the device hardly does anything and is certainly not acceptable, yet they refuse to refund the money.

I've given them notice of my intent to pursue them for a refund and so far (they have a few days left still) I have had no response.

I will be reporting back. Hopefully they will see sense and give me a refund.

Td5 Disco 2003. Sold :(

PostPosted: January 6th, 2017, 4:37 pm 
ES spec

Many thanks for the much appreciated appreciative comments Guys, we do our best and I will pass your comments on.

d2028, you are quite correct in that one simply cannot do enough research.

We strive to freely provide as much information as we possibly can for our customers, providing clear descriptions and lots of documentation that we constantly update.

PauloScafoldi:
I was deeply saddened to read your post on this great forum and it being used in this way:
I have of course always been fully aware and up to speed in your case, and I must apologise to all the other members of this forum, who recognise, regard and appreciate BBS as being a decent, fair and honest company trying our best to provide good service and a good product at a fair price that helps Land Rover owners out, for being subjected to this

I have absolutely no desire to escalate an individual argument on this forum or make an enemy of anyone, and can only hope that others may appreciate that in your making your post calling others to judge us, you have left me with little choice but to reply and defend ourselves and in fairness provide a few ommited and un disputable facts of this case.

Late December, without any prior contact, you made an on line purchase of the NCOM14 Unlock code which is described as "This unlock code adds the Defender Puma Engine Management and Instrument pack to the Nanocom Evolution."
On Dec 21st you wrote "I received the unlock code, but now it appears I have to buy more codes to access all the features for my car? I have a 2.2 2013 Puma and wanted to program a key. Do I have to spend another £51? This is quite disappointing already as if I had known this, I would not have bought the first code."

We replied, advising that for learning Keys you needed the NCOM12 unlock code which is described as "This unlock code will activate the software for the following Defender PUMA systems: Lucas 10AS (excluding MY 2014 onwards, EA000001), Wabco D and Bosch ABS systems." We also added warnings to check that your 10AS was a Green and not a Black version and re quoted the VIN change point in our E-Mail.

Without confirmation you chose to place a second order for NCOM12 later stating "I presume I must have the “green” AS10"
Of couse it appears that your vehicle does indeed have the Later Black 10AS

Your additional unlock code purchase choices were made by you and you alone and in no way the result of our duping you, being unwilling to assist or hiding information.

We have since very politely and professionally advised you that once we have released additional Unlock Codes, we clearly, and as is obvious to all, cannot then un release them.

Your reply was not exactly as polite and professional, and so I will currently refrain from posting a copy of it here.

As stated, I have no desire to escalate any arguement, engage in personal bickering, or make an enemy of anyone, so instead may I humbly offer an olive branch.

It is clearly in both our benefits to figure out how and why these later Black Alarm ECUS that are fitted from EA000001 on are different, even although they have been given the same 10AS name designation.

New, they cost a fortune, second hand they are rarer than hens teeth, and although we have had someone recently send us one, it seems this was already scrap.

Please help us to help you and others out and either lend us your Black 10AS or help us find one.

ATB and a Happy New Year to all

Colin

PostPosted: January 6th, 2017, 11:52 pm 
iPosh is Watching YOU !
iPosh is Watching YOU !

This is a forum. i am afraid that both good and bad posts are allowed. i spent £100 with you for no good purpose and have been refused a refund. i think that's a fair representation of the facts and is in no way distorted.

i havent asked others to judge you, and as i pointed out to you, i have been a strong supporter of Nanocom. you have made several sales directly through my recommendation.

I would point out that you do not have my permission to share the details and communications that you have done, nor of the details of my purchases, so although i have recorded the screenshot and data for further action, i must insist you immediately remove the information.

i will be formally writing to you, and further the matter will go to trading standards, and much further than that should it need to do so. I only posted on here after not hearing from you at all since before Christmas when a refusal to refund was made, clearly in breach of the legislation that governs such things.

My reply which you have branded as unpolite and unprofessional contains nothing that breaches any of those terms.

Your items sold to me are not suitable for the purpose intended in my view and a refund is required by law.

i would not of course send you my as10 unit without a substantial deposit against its safe return being made.

if you wish for an olive branch, refund my money, you'll see me sell the unit WITHOUT the codes. and so nobody will be cheating you. I don't do such things. nobody needs to loose out.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2017, 12:00 am 
iPosh is Watching YOU !
iPosh is Watching YOU !

also its quite funny that you think its ok to refuse to refund me, yet think i will lend you a part of my car so that you can make a great deal more money? that's quite .... i am trying to think of a word or phrase... but 'olive branch' aint it!

Page 6 of 7 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next